- Di Wang Feng Fan (Hard Spun-Apologies) won again over 1200m at Yulong Racetrack at the weekend. See the race – he’s number 3 in red and yellow silks – and the jockey’s victory salute here
- Win number 8 for the hardy Burnewang North-bred Apoloboom (Kaphero-Apologies) at Doomben 7 July. He’s a half-brother to Di Wang Feng Fan (below). Apoloboom’s earnings have now topped $180,000, he’s been a fun horse for a $15,000 Melbourne Premier 2 buy.
- Yulong (China) winner Di Wang Feng Fan is by Hard Spun and is one of four Burnewang North-bred winners out of the Giant’s Causeway mare Apologies. Di Wang Feng Fan was a $90,000 2015 Inglis Classic Sale yearling and was exported to China unraced shortly thereafter.
- Another Burnewang North-bred winner: So You Dream (So You Think-Dreamalittledream) at Pakenham on 12 June. Sold as a weanling at the Great Southern Sale.
- Another trio of Burnewang North-bred winners in the last week of May/first week of June: Queen Of Kingston (Nicconi-Chloe Rose) won her second-on-end and third overall; Arleta (Artie Schiller-Galletta) won for the second time while Podium Bound (Equiano-Chloe Rose) shed his maiden status.