- Winning Red (I Am Invincible-Scarlet Vanhara) ran away for the pack to win impressively today at Seymour (14/11). Having only his second career start, after a second on debut, Winning Red broke his maiden for connections and Lindsay Park Racing. A standout yearling at the 2018 Melbourne Premier Sale, the colt was selected by Andy Williams.
- Hitch Hiker Jamie (Hinchinbrook-Je’Taime) scored his maiden win at Goulburn (9/11) in just his second start. The horse was a $110k weanling in our 2017 Great Southern Draft and successfully pinhooked by Edinburgh Park who sold him for $240k at 2018 Classic Sale. Congratulations to all connections.
- Tears of Jupiter (Zoustar-Snow Blitz) won at Ellerslie on Melbourne Cup Day (5/11) for her trainers Peter & Dawn Williams. Sold by Burnewang North as a weanling in 2017 for $130,000 the filly was resold at the Karaka 2018 sale by Dave Duley from Lansdowne Park for a remarkable NZ$650,000. Congratulations to owners Ger Beemsterboer and Sarah Green.
- TRANSLATOR GETS A RUN IN THE VRC DERBY
- Iowa Hawkeye (Lope de Vega-Albaicin) breaks his maiden today (30/10) at Bendigo on Bendigo Cup Day after an impressive lead from the front effort to hold off fast finishers. Ridden by Dwayne Dunn, Iowa Hawkeye showed what he has always promised for trainer Mike Moroney and his owners.
- Reoffender (Snitzel-Port Isabel) broke his maiden at Nowra over 1100m on 22/9 for owners and trainers Amanda Turner and Mauro Poletti.
- Burnewang North Bred double at Tatura with both So You Dream (So You Think-Dreamalittledream) and Double The Magic (Magic Albert-She’s Double Gold) winning for connections on 21/9.
- Capital City (Wanted-Elleandee) won at Beaudesert on 27/7 for her owners, clocking up her 6th win and bringing her winnings to $120,000.
- Finnick (Foxwedge-Triple Latte) won convincingly over 1600m at Moe for trainer Michael Kent and connections on 20/7.
- Smartcelli (Smart Missile-Limoncelli) posted her first win over 1100m for QLD trainer Tina Cotsiopoulos at Gatton and owners on 18/7.
- Arctic Circle (Testa Rossa-Polar) won again this preparation over 1640m at Roma for trainer Ben Waldron 13/7.
- Arleta (Artie Schiller-Galleta) won over 1200m for Sue Grills and owners at Mudgee on 7/7.
- Star of Phoenix (Commands – Royal Lineup) won overnight in Macau (22/6) over 1200m distance. This is his second career win and first since arriving in Macau. Congratulations to connections.
- Apoloboom (Kaphero – Apologies) racked up his 12th career win today (22/6) at Beaudesert winning for his new trainer Lindsay Hatch.
- Arctic Circle (Testa Rossa-Polar) won over 1640m for connections at Roma today (22/6).
- Good Days (Artie Schiller – Vintage Rock) saluted over 1800m at Sha Tin, Hong Kong for Trainer C.S. Shum and owners on 8/6/2019. Good Days has now won in excess of $2.4m HKD.
- Shamrock Joy (Not A Single Doubt/Amo La Nonna) appreciated the extra ground today (31/5) to break her maiden and win convincingly over 2200m at Pakenham Park for Jason Warren & Daniel Stackhouse.
- Queen of Kingston (Niccon/Chloe Rose) won at Casino on 24/5 over 1400. After finishing an excellent 4th in the $500,000 Country Championships at Randwick, Queen of Kingston has started twice for a second and another victory.
- Divine Diva (Sebring/Royal Lineup) broke her maiden beautifully at Benalla on 6/5. Ridden well by jockey Cory Parish, Divine Diva broke through for the win over 1600m (having finished 2nd in her last start) for her Darby Racing owners and Lindsay Park training partnership.
- Finnick (Foxwedge-/Triple Latte) broke his maiden by winning over 1700m at Geelong on Sunday (28/4). Having had a recent change of trainer – now with Mick Kent – Finnick has markedly changed his form and after a second in his first start this prep, followed that up with this nice win. Seems he likes the extra ground and we look forward to following him going forward.
- Arleta (Artie Schiller/Galleta) returned to the winners circle at Tamworth on Sunday (28/4) after finishing 3rd in her last two starts. With her 3rd career win for Sue Grills and connections, Arleta relished the 1200m winning the Jardel Cup.
- Apoloboom (Kaphero/Apologies) clocked up his 11th career win on Saturday (27/4) when winning the Dalby Picnics Cup over 1400m for connections and taking his total winnings for his career to $250k.
- *STAKES WINNER*
Transact (Dundeel/Rap Tale) salutes on Anzac Day 25/4 to win the time honoured VRC St Leger Stakes at Flemington for Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott and a large ownership group (including BN).
- Podium Bound (Equiano/Chloe Rose) continued his good form to win again at Mudgee for Allan Gibson and connections on 21/4.
- Arctic Circle (Testa Rossa/Polar) won for trainer Ben Waldron at her home track of Roma over 1640m on 20/4.
- Transact (Dundeel/Rap Tale) finished a close 2nd in the Listed Thoroughbred Club Galilee Series Final at Caulfield on 13/4. Transact trained by Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott is on his way to the St Ledger at Flemington on Anzac Day.
- Millenium’s Rule (Lonhro-Maree Basse) won well at Singapore overnight (5/4), bringing up his third win and taking his winnings to over $100k.
- Sarge Brigarde (Charge Forward-Mists of Avalon) has clocked up 2 wins in 7 days for his new trainer in Mackay, Jade Doolan on 16/3 & 23/3.
- Becharm (Sebring-Kapcher) notched up her maiden win, and a city one at that, at Morphettville on 9/3. A Burnewang North home bred and raced mare will now come to Tony McEvoy’s Melbourne stable to progress this preparation.
- Podium Bound (Equiano-Chloe Rose) won at Cowra on 6/3 for Allan Gibson and family connections.
- Spicer (Stryker-Indian Curry) won at the Sunshine Coast on 24/2 over 1400m. The daughter of Stryker took her winnings to $70,000 for her new trainer Kelvin Hickmott and connections.
- Seababe (Sebring-Swinging Babe) won strongly on 15/2 at the Canterbury night races for Gary Portelli and connections. After a strong showing on 2/2, the Sebring mare took control of the race and was ridden beautifully by Jenny Duggan to notch up a lovely city win.
- Hero Champion (Von Costa de Hero-Valour) has had back to back wins at Selangor, Singpore on 6/2 & 16/2 over 1400m.
- Apoloboom (Kaphero-Apologies) overcame a frustrating preparation so far to win well at Doomben on 9/1 over 1350m. Ridden by Jeff Lloyd for Boom Racing connections, Apoloboom has taken his career earnings to over $250k.
- Hard Got (Reward for Effort-Limoncelli) won on 15/12 at his home track of Wangaratta over 1590m. Hard Got appreciated the sting out of the ground and was impressive for his owners and John & Chris Ledger.
- Rapture Miss (Smart Missile-Rap Tale (USA)) a Burnewang North bred, owned by our close friend Eric Lucas, won very well at Rosehill on Saturday 24/11. Ridden beautifully by Kerrin McEvoy and trained by Matthew Dale, we look forward to watching her progress further this preparation.
- IT’S A WRAP! Our final foal for the season arrived bright and early on 17/11, a colt by Capitalist ex Kapcher. Well done to all of our team.
- Spicer (Stryker-Indian Curry) won at Stawell on 30/10, trained by Darren Weir and ridden by Dean Yendall. She was a graduate of the Inglis Great Southern Sale.
- It’s a TRIFECTA for Burnewang North bred’s today (20/10) with So You Dream (So You Think-Dreamalittledream (IRE)) clocking up his 2nd win for connections at Bendigo for trainer Robbie Griffiths and Brad Rawiller, Double The Magic (Magic Albert-She’s Double Gold) successfully travelling to SA to win at Morphettville for Darren Weir and team and King Caesar (Snitzel-Fashion Black) breaking his maiden at Wagga for Wayne Carroll.
- Weidman (Haradasun-Presidential Suite) won the fourth at Donald for trainers Michael & Luke Cerchi and jockey Dylan Dunn on 9/10/18. His second win for connections.
- Misscino (Smart Missile-Limoncino) ridden by Harry Coffey and trained by Darren Weir won nicely at Tatura on 7/10.
- Bonney (Denman-Valour) raced in syndicate with our Rochester friends leads from the front to win nicely at Wangaratta on 4/10. She is trained by the Ledger Family.
- The ever consistent Resistant (Choisir-Swinging Babe) won over 1200m for Yulong Investment connections at Wuhan in China. The stakes placed performer in Australia has taken his winnings to well over $400,000.
- Queen of Kingston (Nicconi-Chloe Rose) makes it 5 career wins to date with another first passed the line on 30/9 at Ballina for trainer Daniel Bowen.
- Transact (Dundeel-Rap Tale) trained by Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott makes it back to back wins with an impressive win at Newcastle on 29/9 over 2300m. The progressive 3yo colt will now head to Melbourne for his next races.
- Rapture Miss (Smart Missile-Rap Tale) wins with a dead heat at Moruya on 28/9 for Matthew Dale and owner, our close friend and associate Eric Lucas.
- RIP Steve Brem It is with much sadness that the Burnewang North team say goodbye to our learned colleague Steve Brem after his long fight with illness. Steve was generous with his time and knowledge, a great friend, a true gentleman and will be sorely missed by all.
- Count Nicconi (Nicconi-Paymistress) wins nicely at Geelong for trainer Ray Besanko and jockey Chris Symons on 21/9.
- Vivendi (Equiano-Hidden Charges) relishes the change of scenery after her move to Albury and Mitchell Beer’s stable saluting on 17/9 at Corowa. She was a graduate of our 2016 Melbourne Premier Draft.
- Transact (Dundeel-Rap Tale) trained by Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott continued the excellent run of Dundeel’s 3yo’s winning impressively after leading from start to finish at Cessnock on 17/9.
- Misscino (Smart Missile-Limoncino) convincingly broke her maiden on Sunday 9th September after having finished 2nd on 8 previous occasions. The Darren Weir trained filly won for her connections at Casterton.
- Menina, a 3yo daughter of Exelebration broke her maiden for trainer David Brideoake at only her second start on Sunday at Geelong. Menina is a daughter of Burnewang North broodmare Scarlet Vanhara – we look forward to watching her progress.
- Day one of the 2019 breeding season brought with it a triple of Burnewang North-bred winners. Apoloboom (Kaphero-Apologies) chalked up his 9th victory winning The Dalby Cup, Arctic Circle (Testa Rossa-Polar) also won at Dalby and Queen of Kingston (Nicconi-Chloe Rose) winning for connections at Grafton.
- Moruya is the place to be today! Another Burnewang North-bred Rapture Miss (Smart Missile-Rap Tale) making her first start for six months, rocketed home from last place at the top of the straight to win the Class 2 over 1435 metres, a great effort first-up. This enigmatic mare hasn’t been further back than 5th in 10 career starts; there’s no doubt the ability is there and full credit to trainer Matthew Dale. Rapture Miss is the seventh Burnewang North-bred winner in August to date.
- Dashtorush (Sebring-Limoncelli) appreciated every metre of the 1660 metres at Moruya today 19 August to break his maiden. The Burnewang North-bred is the second winner from 2 to race out of his dam who is an Encosta de Lago half-sister to Group winners Girl Gone Rockin’ and Syreon and a daughter of G2 winner Sorrento.
- Well-travelled weekend warrior Ayers Rock (Nicconi-Vintage Rock) bobbed up in Adelaide on 18 August and made every post a winner over 2000m, gripping on tenaciously. It was the Burnewang North-bred Flemington stakeswinner’s fourth victory for trainer Shawn Mathrick.
- Another Burnewang North-brand-bearer saluted on 12 August at Sunshine Coast in the form of Pinch Passion (Denman-Valentine Rose). The 4YO was registering his third success and took his earnings past the $100k mark.
- It didn’t take long for new season winners numbers two and three to stand up. Gracing the track for the first time in six months, having been placed at her first three starts, Burnewang North bred Spicer (Stryker-Indian Curry) powered home to graduate from maidens at Warracknabeal today 7 August. Spotted at a Great Southern Weanling Sale by Darren Weir, Spicer was a value-for-money $8,500 purchase. She is a half-sister to a former useful filly in Queensland, Fallen For You. Three days earlier, Podium Bound (Equiano-Chloe Rose) scored at Coonamble.
- Our first winner for the new season! Burnewang North-bred and part-owned mare Aphrodite Rock (Commands-Vintage Rock) scored her second victory from just four starts on the Geelong synthetic today 3 August. Jockey Regan Bayliss played a waiting game at the tail of the field until letting her go around the others on the home turn, a run which she sustained right to the line. Aphrodite Rock is a half-sister to stakeswinner Ayers Rock (Nicconi) and to Hong Kong-based Good Days Artie Schiller).
- Di Wang Feng Fan (Hard Spun-Apologies) won again over 1200m at Yulong Racetrack at the weekend. See the race – he’s number 3 in red and yellow silks – and the jockey’s victory salute here
- Win number 8 for the hardy Burnewang North-bred Apoloboom (Kaphero-Apologies) at Doomben 7 July. He’s a half-brother to Di Wang Feng Fan (below). Apoloboom’s earnings have now topped $180,000, he’s been a fun horse for a $15,000 Melbourne Premier 2 buy.
- Yulong (China) winner Di Wang Feng Fan is by Hard Spun and is one of four Burnewang North-bred winners out of the Giant’s Causeway mare Apologies. Di Wang Feng Fan was a $90,000 2015 Inglis Classic Sale yearling and was exported to China unraced shortly thereafter.